- Create Facebook App & Page
- Add App Products
- Setup Webhook
- Setup Messenger
- Update Plugin Settings
- Test Your First Message
Create Facebook App & Page
Add App Products
Now we'll need to add Webhooks and Messenger products to your app.
- Click + Add Product in the menu
- Onn Webhooks and Messenger, click Get Started.
Now navigate to Webhooks menu item, select Page and click Subscribe to this topic you'll see a dialog.
- In "Callback URL", enter your webhook URL which you can find in Settings page (default is
- In "Verify Token", enter
- Click Verify and Save
Now we have a webhook which ping Page events to our server. We'll need to tell which Facebook Pages and Events to ping.
- Click on the Messenger menu item.
Token Generationsection, select a your page, you'll need to confirm permission for that page. After that step, you'll got Page Access Token.
- In Webhooks box, click Edit events or Setup Webhooks if you didn't do the previous step, you'll see this dialog:
- Select all items (we'll talk about this later), and click Save
- In Select a page to subscribe your webhook to the page events section, select your page and click Subscribe
Update Plugin Settings
Now your server can retrieve message from Facebook, we need to update Access Token in Settings page so your server can send message back.
In WP Admin, navigate to Giga AI \ Settings \ Basics
- In Page ID box, enter your Facebook Page ID.
- In Page Access Token, paste the Page Access Token you've received from the previous step.
- In Page Name, enter page name for manage.
- That's it!
Your First Message
Congratulation! You've successfully built your bot. All easy right? Now it's time to talk with your bot
Try to send hi to your page with your app's administrator account. If you get reply from your page. Congratulation! Otherwise, please check your server requirements and previous steps.
- Continue with each guide in the the documentation menu.
- If you can't get this to work, see Troubleshooting page.